Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 stands latest among the tablets series from Samsung. We have a happy news that this extension of the Galaxy Note series has achieved root just after its release. The credit of this great achievement goes to XDA senior member zedomax.
It is not actually a full custom ROM, zedomax has only included su binary, busybox, and Chainfireâ€™s SuperSU into the stock firmware. So, it doesn’t increase the flash counter as the stock kernel is still in use. This is the best method for users who don’t wish to loose data, current apps and settings. This method is applicable for all possible variants of the tablet as it uses ODIN to flash a firmware package.
Currently this method is applicable only for the International GT-N8000 variant(European, Brazilian, Saudi Arabian, UAE).Â To know the firmware go to Settings->About Device and see the built number, if it ends in XXALGA orXWALG7, you are on European or Saudi Arabian/United Emirates firmware. Need not worry if your device is another variant of Galaxy Note 10.1, zedomax has promised root for other variants too.
Here is the step by step guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV Jimmy McGee May 14, 2013 XDA Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler is known for his wizardry opening up Samsung phones. Galaxy Note 10.1 is an incredible tablet from Samsung. It is the first tablet that is introduced in Samsung Galaxy Note series. Galaxy Note 10.1 was released in August, 2012. It was loved by almost all the peoples and was on the 1st number in the list of Top Tablets of 2012. Galaxy note 10.1 comes with a very powerful Hardware. Here is the step by step guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000: Requirements. ODIN 1.85; European Rooted Stock Firmware XXLGA (Works for all GT-N8000) Saudi Arabia/UAE Rooted Stock Firmware XWALG7 (Works for all GT-N8000) Below are the instructions: Go to Settings-About Device and note the Build number.
- European Rooted Stock Firmware XXLGAÂ (Works for all GT-N8000)
- Saudi Arabia/UAE Rooted Stock Firmware XWALG7Â (Works for all GT-N8000)
Galaxy Note 10.1 Update N8013
Below are the instructions:
- Go to Settings->About Device and note the Build number.
- At first reboot into ODIN download mode by holding down Power and Volume Down buttons together for 15 minutes.
- Hit volume Up button when you see the warning button.
- Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
- Download ODIN and the Stock ROMÂ with root injected for your Build number. Unzip them and you’ll get a folder with filesÂ for ODIN and also another file that ends in â€œ.tarâ€.
- See whether you see yellow highlighted box with a random number, if you don’t see them download and install download and install Samsung USB drivers and unplug/plug the device.
- Hit PDA button and choose stock ROM file ending with .tar and hit Start button.
- The device will now update with stock firmware with root injected. Need not be panicked if it fails, just reboot into ODIN download mode and try the process again.
- Then you’ll see a “PASS” which means you are completed and now your device reboots and when it is on you’ll see SuperSU superuser app in your app drawer.
Samsung Note 10 Phone
If you have any doubt in this root guide drop a comment below or visit the original source.
Subscribe to our feed using the subscription box on the right,Â follow us on twitterÂ orÂ like us on FacebookÂ for more guides, resources and news in the rooting scene.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 Custom Rom 128gb
Best Custom Rom For Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000